Sunday, May 17, 2009

Music & Memories

Music is awesome. Tonight I was calling up Tree 63 for Nic and somewhere in some tag a Damien Rice song contained the word tree, so it joined the play list. It happened to be a song I hate because of the f-bomb so i deleted it. But it inspired me to call up the album "O" and I have been listening to it for about an hour now. I am not sure if Stephanie had just purchased it or what, but this CD was very present in the foundational months of Stephanie and my romance. Images of her visits while I painted houses, late night drives, and cemetery walks flashed before my eyes. I could almost smell that summer sitting here listening to the music. All the while, Thor is lying in my arms, drinking his bottle, and gentle touching my face. Talk about bliss. I sure love my wife. I was in love with her then and she is ten times better now. The album is still playing and only has two songs left. I am sad that my reminiscent journey is coming to an end. In spite of looming lesson plans and a long night and longer day tomorrow, I am in temporary bliss--loving this moment, allowing God to show me how blessed I really am. All good gifts come from God and I am thankful for every moment.

2 comments: