Sunday, June 28, 2009

The "Next" Button

I have only recently begun appreciating (and contributing to) the blogosphere. I initially managed subscriptions with MS Outlook, but it wasn't pretty. I was soon converted to Google Reader and thought it was awesome. I tried to share its joys with others but people had lots of objections, especially Bobby. He noted that Google Reader sterilizes everything. I couldn't disagree with him. Below is a comparison of a blog in original form and the reader version.Well, while Stephanie and I were visiting her relatives in San Diego, her cousin introduced me to Google Reader's "Next" Button. It is pure genius. Simply log into google reader, click setting and then go to the Goodies tab. Not just click and drag the highlighted "Next" into your favorites bar. From now on, all you have to do is click next and it will take you chronologically through your blog subscriptions one at a time and you don't have to miss a thing. It has revolutionized my computing experience. Multiple times a day I walk up to the computer to do two things; check my email, and click the "Next" button. When you are out of new blogs to read, it kindly informs you that you have reached the end of the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment