Saturday, June 27, 2009

Homebrew Series: The Barley Crusher

This past week, I brewed my first lager with and for Andy. I documented most of the process and will use this opportunity to introduce much of our fancy equipment. Today I highlight the homemade barley crusher. I merely mentioned to Andy that I wanted to build onee so that I could savee the $120 or so that they retail for online. Within a week he had a pretty goodd working machine. He continued to refine it for a few weeks as we tried it out and I better clarified what we needed it to do. Below are videos of it:



2 comments:

  1. How did he center the shaft to the side metal pieces? My friend and I are thinking about doing this, but I'm worried the shafts won't be centered perfectly- thus they may be wobbling or hitting each other when close. you can get me at charles at meandyouis.us . My blog is www.meandyouis.us/charles/beerlog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly enjoy reading this post. It’s awesome dear. Thanks for sharing it.


    Financial Aid

    ReplyDelete