Thursday, April 16, 2009

The US Mint Comes Through

I am unimpressed by the US Mint for a couple of reasons. Although I originally requested 3k $1 coins, they only sent my 500. I assumed that I had misunderstood their limits. Well, today I received the remaining 2500--almost a month after I ordered them. They never once corresponded with me concerning the order being filled in two increments. Second, I thought it was a little wasteful for them to ship them for free in the first place. Well, the coins I got today were shipped next day air! This package weighes a good twenty lbs, and Uncle Sam was happy to pay for that. Why do we need all these new coins in the first place?
Nonetheless, I am happy to have the rest of my coins and this financial scheme is now more worth the effort. Making $30 out of the process doesn't really take any more work than making the $5. I will only burn more calories carrying more coin to the bank.


No comments:

Post a Comment