Saturday, April 11, 2009

Financial Scheme

A few weeks ago I was pointed to the US Mint's direct ship program. In order to get $1 coins into circulation, they will ship them to you at face value. Why would I be interested in buying $1 coins $250 at a time? Because it is essentially a free cash advance that even earns Cashback bonus! I experimented with my Discover card this month. The limits are confusing and for some reason my $3k order was reduc ed to $500, but they have raised the limit to $5k now. So, this week, I will deposit the coins into my checking account and pay off the debt. Now, this may be a lot of work for a whopping $5 in cashback. But, with an introductory rate of 0% for 12 months and a creidt limit of $10k or so, you get a free $250 or so! This leads me to my next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment