Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Succeeding diet

So, I believe it was through kottke.org that I heard of "The Line Diet". Quite simply, you graph a line from your present weight on the current date, to your goal weight on your goal date. I have decided to take my time. I am aiming to lose 61 pounds in a year. So far, it is working like a charm. I weigh myself every day, and if my weight is above the line, I don't get to eat anything that day. The fear of foodless days motivates me to eat better all of the rest of the days. So far, I have lost about ten pounds and am way ahead of schedule. You can see the graph before.

The ridiculous drop on January 16th was cause by a little stomach bug, and I was quite surprised that I didn't put it all right back on. I found an incredible little spreadhseet online that does all of the work for you. It even instructs you how to eat. It graphs the points for you, and everything. There is an online version at http://www.thelinediet.com/. There is also an iPhone app. The spreadsheet I found was here. I modified it a bit, and learned a lot about excel's IF THEN statements.


Anyway, I thought this might encourage some of you. Peace.

P.S. Do you know why I am blogging again? It is because I have a million other things to do.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go brother! Keep pressing on to the glory of God, to being a healthier husband, father, and brother :)

    Is there a similar spreadsheet that would track Christ-likeness and spritual growth?

    1 Timothy 4:8 - For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! Ryan this is a very interesting diet, I think you are doing great! This website is sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete