Thursday, July 16, 2009

Orange Peel Update

I just called the National Park Service and they connected me to the Law Enforcement Division. I began by telling him our story and interjected that in my opinion, $275 seemed awfully excessive for an honest mistake. After all, this wasn't an act of defiance, it truly was a misunderstanding of the law. I went on to state that the real issue I was calling was to address the mismanagement of out ticket by the ranger. He knew the ranger as soon as I said his name and did confess that he was quite the rookie. He empathised with us and more or less stated that the intent of the law is to fine campers who leave sites littered with trash and other more serious offenders. He was extremely professional and understanding. I did not have the ticket in hand, so we could not take care of everything, but he said that when I call him back with necessary info he will speak with the appropriate supervisor and see what he can do. he made no promises but certainly led me to believe that he would work something out in order to lessen or eliminate the penalty. I love it when I call some place ready to really fight and the people on the other end are so awesome that I don't even have the opportunity Enterprise is like that... I have had problems with 3 out of 4 rental experiences and every time I go in there armed to verbally destroy them they take care of it and then some before I get 5 words out. Mad props to good management!

No comments:

Post a Comment