Friday, January 2, 2009

Fat and Happy

I am fat and happy. I almost wish I was fat and therefore miserable, because it would probably be a good motivator. But, happy or not, my average 8 new pounds a year are really starting to add up and are starting to interfere with life. I want to be able to climb the sledding hill without taking two breaks on the way up! Plus, when you go from XL to XXL some places make you pay extra! I will also make a better husband and father if cut a few.

Stephanie, having given birth only two months ago, is also determined to reach her pre-pregnancy weight, and revive the stomach that Thor called home for 9 months.

So, today Stephanie and I have begun weight watchers. It is simple good science. I was excited to discover that I can eat 36 points a day, but with a little math concluded that it only adds up to about 1800 calories. Ouch. I am willing to bet that my daily average is around 4000. So, at only 1800 calories and my body being the oily furnace that is is, I imagine that i will be shedding pounds in no time!

So far I have eaten 19.5 points and am looking forward to a small chicken breast over rice pilaf for dinner. We will be enjoying chocolate almond truffles for dessert. Stephanie has been quite the gourmet chef today. I am also reserving 3 points so I can drink a beer at Earl and Michelle's tonight over a game of Carcassone.

I weighed in today at 263 poundsand if I make it to 220 Stephanie agreed that we can get a Wii. That may be more motivating than being fat and miserable. We took pictures of eachother so we will have good before and after shots. When proves to be a success I will be sure to share them. ;)

I am excited for our adventure and am determined to embrace hunger in order to live longer and better. Even the Bible admits that physical training is of some value. (1 Timothy 4:8) Keep both of us in your prayers and feel free to send encouragement our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment